Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hop Against Homophobia


Hey Hoppers

Welcome to my first blog hop on my new blog. It's very special to me that it's to bring awareness to homophobia. My very best friend, Ethan Stone, who I love dearly is gay man that I've had to watch struggle with so many factors in his life.  Being a straight-married woman I don't have the trials and tribulations I have watch some of my gay friends go through.  Although as a m/m writer I do face the fact that I have to write under a pseudonym given my job and the small southern town I live in.  Some of the ladies at work know what I write but they haven't picked it up to read yet and I haven't pushed.  My husband knows I wrote the book but he doesn't really read books nor has the time, it doesn't really bother me, it's my fantasy world.  He is excited for me though and supports me 100% which I love him for.  My mom I've told, my dad and  siblings I have not. Believe me don't want to stir the bee's in that pot!  But really it's all cool my internet family is so wonderful and so supportive.  Then of course my BFF, Ethan also hides behind a pseudonym because of his small community and day job.  If it wasn't for that pesky day job I think Ethan would be parading up and down the street looking for hook ups. Oops did I just say that out loud!Good thing thousands of miles are between us!

 Love you Ethan :)

Alright back to the point...

Why the hate?? Why hate those who chose to love?? This is what I do not understand.  I live in the Southern U.S., yes straight up-Bible Belt- U.S.A. and I hear all the time but the bible says... but the bible also says do not judge!! I can not and will NOT judge.  In my heart, I can NOT hate a person for loving another. I do NOT see love as being wrong!! I see Hate as being wrong.  Okay maybe I better slow down before I blow that little vein in my head that's about to burst.   Let's just say I would hope that my God wouldn't want us to Hate anyone.




Okay now the goodies: 

Two chances to win:  Follow my blog and leave a comment with your email address and you will be enter to win an e-book of Five Star Review by Lara Brukz and/ or leave a comment and you will be enter to win an e-book off of Ethan Stone's back list. Make sure you leave your e-mail address. 



Be sure to check out the other awesome participants in the blog hop  - HAH Blog










International Day Against Homophobia







25 comments:

  1. I wish I could argue with the statement about parading up and down the street looking for hook-ups, but I can't. Just trying to find Mr. Right and sometimes that takes a lot of Mr. Right Nows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who hasn't done the parade? Not up and down the street though. Weather's too variable. Internet can work. Just try not to check Grindr every 4 seconds... Nice to have you along for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan does check craigslist quite often!

      Delete
  3. I'd come see the Ethan parade. I bet it would be wildly entertaining!

    *hugs to you both*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and good looking out for Ethan:-) I hate that people still feel like they have to hide. It's sad but hopefully things will get better. Glad to see you on the hop and I really enjoyed 'Five Star Review'

    melita332002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post... and I am with poppy next time we should all watch - LOL.

    normanielsen@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too don't understand all the hate...I know in my heart that LOVE is always right no matter what. I also hope that one day soon that no one will have to hide behind anything because they are doing what they love...writing :)

    allstarjumperstx2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Lara:) I read Five Star Review and really liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words Lara. Thanks for joining the fight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe love can triumph over hate and that it always will!

    Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this with us today

    musings-of-a-bookworm@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for participating.

    andreagrendahl AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. Thanks for participating in the HOP.

    gisu29(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for participating in this great blog hop. I'm enjoying all the posts :)

    penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hate is so destructive! Stop the insanity.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for participating in the hop. I hope that this helps to spread the word and that one day a hop like this will no longer be needed. I have shown many of the post to my nieces and nephews. We recently have been discussing how damaging bullying is and how innocent remarks can make you be seen as being a bully. One of the things that makes me mad is when I hear...you're so gay... pisses me off. These post have helped them already. I heard my nephew stand up to someone that called someone else a hurtful name... I was so proud. Thank you all for helping by sharing hurtful and/sad memories and your personal views/message.
    I pray one day for equality for EVERYONE not just some.
    forettarose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the "my gay side is coming out", they don't understand how hurtful that remark can be to those who are gay as they are making their joke. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for participating in the hop, and sharing about Ethan. He makes me smile ^_^
    pantsoffreviews@live(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for participating in the blog.

    I too don't share what I write with my family - I have no intention of stirring up the hornets' nest either.

    Nor do I tell my work colleagues. I work in a small conservative firm and would no doubt lose my job if they knew.

    It shouldn't have to be that way, but unfortunately it is for far too many of us.

    Oh and I am a straight female too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my company is family owned as well so that would probably not go over.

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for participating! Following as OceanAkers on gfc.
    OceanAkers@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. First, love the colors of this message. Second, I love the message, it's very nice ^.^ (Though the second should probably have been the first!). My ex was supportive of what I write, and it's great that your husband is too :)

    *Waves to Ethan*

    Erica
    eripike at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Winner of Five Star Review is Christy - allstarjumperstx2@gmail.com

    and Winner of one of Ethan Stone's back list is -
    Juliana
    OceanAkers@aol.com

    Will email the winners for the format of their choice and thanks to those who visited.

    ReplyDelete